Blogging from A to Z: Zealot Readers

Blogging from A to Z is a month long challenge to post every day of the month (excluding Sunday) using a different letter of alphabet. This month I'm sharing unusual book marketing tips as part of my Marketing From The Edge Series.
Zealot Reader sessions

This isn't for the first month or your release. Shoot it may not be realistic for the first year of your release. A reader session really only works once you have an established fan base. 

A zealot reader session is where you orchestrate a party, or series of parties, for your readers to read your book in tandem. You invite readers to participate through a social media platform and share their thoughts and reactions as they read your book...again.

This can work well if you have a highly anticipated sequel or the end of a trilogy about to release. Encourage readers to re-read the first books in the series in the week leading up to the release. Not only can this reinvigorate fans for your series, especially if it's been a while since the last book, it can also drum up excitement for the next release and expose your book to new readers.

To encourage participation, consider finding hosts in major cities to hold read-in in their local library or bookstore so readers can actually mingle in person. You can also orchestrate giveaways and contests for participating readers to encourage them to spread the word.

Depending on how large your reader base is, this can quickly become a very large event so I would encourage you to seek help, either from a professional or several highly organized friends. It has the potential to be a lot of work, but can also be an amazing way to see just how much your book has impacted others. At the end of the day, that's what being an author is all about. 

I hope you've enjoyed this Marketing from the Edge series. Welcome to all the new readers who've found this little slice of the internet from the Blogging from A to Z challenge. I've loved reading your comments and getting to know each of your through your blogs. This blogs aims to be a resource for authors at all levels of their career and I hope you'll continue to visit. I have a lot more fun planned for the future.

13 comments:

  1. This is a great way to bring back old readers and find new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In glad you didn't have this classified under S for Stalker readers. :)

    I think all of us would hope to achieve this level of recognition. Isn't that what we daydream about? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to introduce the last book of a series or at least the next one in the series. Will have to keep this in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminded me of a discussion group I took part in over at Goodreads. It was for Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy - we read/re-read the first two books while awaiting the third. Taylor also did two Q&A sessions.

    Happy Z Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to have missed this A-Z. I need all the help I can get about marketing.
    Happy Blitz Day, Sarah.
    I'll have to call again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great A to Z posts all month. Glad to have been following you and will keep learning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of a zealot reader series and would imagine that a promotional activity like this would help to foster mini-communities within the groups of readers...creating a fanbase that would be likely to host their own sessions or help the author host a session for their next book. I've come here a day late to make-up for my BLITZing mission that was dispatched yesterday, but must say that I've read a few of your blog posts in your "Marketing from the Edge" series and think it's a great theme that you've chosen for April!

    ~Nicole
    A-to-Z Challenge Co-Host
    The Madlab Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting idea. Congrats on reaching z. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pretty sure we're doing a read along for my Touch of Death series. I'm just not sure of the date. I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad I found your insightful blog. Congrats on reaching z. Maria, Delight Directed Living

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done completing the challenge. Particularly well done on completing it by saying something worthwhile every day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy I stumbled, all blitzed and tardy, into your blog. What great info! Signed up for the mailing list, so keep the good stuff going.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic idea, I'll have to keep it for when I finally get this book of mine published. Well done on reaching the end of the A to Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Share the love, man...