Blogging from A to Z: Cards

Blogging from A to Z is a month long challenge to post every day of the month (excluding Sunday) using a different letter of alphabet. This month I'm sharing unusual book marketing tips as part of my Marketing From The Edge Series.

C is for...Cards

You never know when you're going to run into your next biggest fan. Or an agent interested in your work. Or a reporter on a deadline looking for a good story. Or...well, you get the idea. The point is, opportunities to get your book in front of readers could strike any time, any where.

If you want to make sure those important people don't walk away and forget your name two minutes later, you need to give them something physical to take with them. You need business cards.

There are plenty of places such as VistaPrint or Moo where you can get attractive and affordable business cards loaded up with all your crucial information. Make sure the card matches your brand and provides the holder with all the ways to get in touch with you such as your website, Twitter account and email address.

Don't forget to always carry some on you and hand them out. Business cards won't do you any good if you only stick them into fishbowls to win a free lunch.

8 comments:

  1. You know, I've read about the importance of this before and told myself I would get me some. And then I forgot. But it makes perfect sense to have on hand at all times, great advice! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of folks hold back because they don't know what they want or NEED them to be perfect (we writers can be a bit Type A). I recommend getting a small amount of cards to start. That way you can get used to having them, but don't feel the need to wait until they're perfect since you'll be able to order more in a short period of time.

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of Moo before. I'll have to check them out and see how they compare to VistaPrint. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never used them before, but know several authors who have and the work was really nice.

      Delete
  3. Found business cards very useful as an equestrian journalist. Been wondering about their value now that I am an author with website etc. Might have to go to Vistaprint as they do great cards... and fridge magnets of same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point on the magnets. A lot of these companies can make several different items that you can use for SWAG or just to have a mug with your cover on it.

      Delete
  4. I had a graphic designer make my business cards. I carry them everywhere I go! Good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, professionally designed? I bet they look great. :)

      Delete

Share the love, man...